Forget milkshakes, Pokemon
brings all the boys to the yard.
Pokemon is a force to be reckoned with. According to Adobe Digital Insights there has been more than 8.9 million global social mentions (including all mentions of Pokemon and Pokemon GO) in July to date. This is a 2,353% increase from the 2016 monthly average of Pokémon mentions in the first half of July alone (July 1-13).
You can harness this force and use it to make money if you own a brick-and-mortar business.
Download the game, login, set up a character and do check to see if your business is a Pokestop. On the map your business will have a photo if it is a Pokestop.
If it is, or there is a Pokestop nearby your shop, do this to draw in customers:
- Tap on the red and white pokeball at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the Shop button on the lower middle of the screen.
- Purchase 8 lure modules.
- Go back to the main screen.
- Tap on the pokeball again.
- Choose Items in the lower right-hand side of the screen.
- Choose a lure at the Pokestop.
The lure will attract pokemon to your establishment, which will attract people to your establishment.
Not a Pokestop? The company has announced that it will be providing businesses with the chance to become Pokestops soon.
- How to save your battery while playing Pokemon Go
- How to turn on AR mode after you’ve turned it off in Pokemon Go
- Pokemon Go: Where it’s available now — and coming soon