Here are my basic freelance writing rates.
SEO articles and reviews
These are basic quotes and finished price may change depending on how much research is involved and what extras are requested. My rates include media.
- 500 words / $200
- 1,000 words / $400
- 1,500 words / $600
I like to do a flat rate on books. The rate covers everything you could need. We can also talk about à la carte options.
Services I provide that are included in the package are:
- Cover design (I have an in-house artist and a couple freelance ones.)
- Formatting for self-publishing. (This is a pain in the butt that you don’t want to do yourself.)
- Typography work (Another pain in the butt.)
- Endless edits (Okay, not endless, but I want to reassure my clients that I’m here to get it right for you. Some ghostwriters limit how many edits their clients get, even if the client doesn’t like the work.)
- Full copy edits (I used to be an editor for a publishing house, so you know you’re getting quality.)
- Interviews for a week, audio or video recorded for style, feeling and authenticity. (Many writers don’t do this, but I think it’s important for authenticity.)
- Full manuscript up to 75,000 words.
- Full social media blast on my Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. (Around 20,000 voracious, book-loving followers.)
- Social media posts that you can use on your social media platforms with custom art.
- Video calls and emails to get your story 100%. Communication is key, I know.
- Interview and presentation of your book on my website. (Not everyone wants this, but it’s a new feature I’m offering to help my authors.)
- Movie trailer video to present your book to the world.
Overall, this is a package worth $20,000 $30,000 if you get all of the services separately from various vendors. Since I package it all together you get a great savings.
You’re getting all this value for $15,000 per 50,000 to 75,000 words.
- Before I can start your project, I will need a 50% deposit for small projects or a full payment upfront for all larger projects. Upfront payment reserves a space in my schedule. Please do not try to haggle on this. My schedule is very busy and I need to be sure people who are serious about their projects get my time.
- All projects come with a 10% management fee built-in. This covers phone calls, Skyping, travel, emailing, editing, research and other tasks that are needed to complete the project. This fee may be waived for smaller projects.
- If you have certain keywords, phrases, links or references you would like me to use in your article, blog post, email marketing, etc., please tell me before I start your project.
- Please be aware of my office hours. I am available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Email me to discuss your project during any time.
- Please know what you want and inform me before I start work on your project. If you aren’t sure what you want, please inform me and I will help you come up with a plan that works for you and your business. I will not change course in the middle of the project, though, without a revision of our agreement.
- I have many clients, but I will make time for you. If you need help or have concerns, feel free to contact me during my office hours. I will respond within 24 hours. Often, I respond within minutes, but sometimes that isn’t possible.
- As per copyright laws, you do not own copyright to any photos, illustrations, articles, etc. that I create unless I transfer my copyright to you in writing through a contract.
These fees and policies are an important part of my working relationship with my clients. Please only contact me if you agree to these rates and policies.