· Aleene’s Tacky Glue
· Paper plate
· Petroleum jelly
· White sewing thread
· Seed beads
· Wax paper
1. Pour a dollop of glue onto the paper plate.
2. Rub a thin layer of petroleum jelly onto the entire length of the pencil. This will prevent the egg sac from sticking to it.
3. Cut a piece of string that is around 1′ long.
4. Dip the string in the tacky glue.
5. Run the string through your index finger and thumb to remove excess glue.
6. Wrap the string around the pencil.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 until you have an oval-shaped sac.
8. Slid the sac off the pencil.
9. Pinch one end of the sac closed with your fingers.
10. Fill the open end of the sac with seed bead “eggs.”
11. Pinch the open end of the sac closed and let the sac dry for 1 hour on a piece of wax paper.
|Pinching the egg sac closed.|