Today I want to share with you a wall treatment I came up with. As a kid I used to do potato prints on paper to make homemade wrapping paper. Well, now I’m doing it on my walls. Pretty funky cool, huh?
That design was made by:
- Cutting a potato in half, long-wise
- Cutting the pieces in half again
- Sticking a plastic fork into the back of a potato piece so it is easier to hold
- Dipping the potato piece into house paint
- Sticking the potato on the wall over and over again
It turned out pretty nice, huh? This is one wall in my living room.
I have also done roller shades with this same painting technique, except that I cut the potato in half instead of in quarters.